What should have been a quick bugfix release turned into a very long development cycle (around 500 commits since the last release). Beta 10 adds several new features and bugfixes. Going forward, there will be two primary new features: brightness and keyboard OSDs. After this functionality is complete, development efforts will shift towards bug fixes and improving some of the functionality (making keyboard/mouse hotkeys more robust, for instance).
Thanks to everyone for reporting bugs and helping make this release possible. I have a feeling 2.9.3 will come much more quickly (probably due to new bugs/regressions introduced in this release…).
WARNING: Brightness and Keyboard functionality is NOT complete, but the settings are available in the Settings UI. Please ignore these for now.
- Custom volume curves
- Custom volume limits
- Ability to force a volume limit on other applications
- Customizable default audio device (instead of always using the system default)
- Option to mute the volume on session lock [#48]
- Eject notification icon
- Detailed error messages
- Bugfix: Hotkey argument range validation
- Bugfix: Changing the volume slider while muted now unmutes the volume
- Bugfix: Display changes are monitored and accounted for (multi-monitor) [#36]
- Bugfix: Intermittent optical disk eject failure [#37]
- Bugfix: Null device crash [#42, #45]
- Bugfix: Updates launched from the settings app didn’t shut down 3RVX